Return to About Us

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I arrange for Baptism?

Baptism is the sacrament by which God adopts us as His children and incorporates us into the life of His family, the Church.  If you desire baptism for you or your child, please contact Pastor David Wilson, or call the church office to request an application for Baptism.

How do I arrange for Marriage?

The Sacrament of Holy Matrimony, the union of a woman and man in Christian marriage, is available to couples who are members of Christ the Redeemer. If you are considering marriage, please first contact the church office at 724-745-0685 to assure that a member of the clergy is available on the date you are considering, and that the facility is also available on that day. If you are not a member of Christ the Redeemer, we invite you to make this place your church home.

How do I arrange for hospital visitation?

Members of the Order of St. Luke, an internationally recognized order for healing ministries, assist our clergy with hospital visitation. Clergy and OSL hospital visitors may be reached by calling the parish office at 724-745-0685.  Should you or a member of your family require or desire the services of a priest, any OSL member who visits you will contact one of our clergy.

Who do I call with a prayer request?

The Prayer Chain offers intentional, focused and confidential prayer for requests ranging from physical and spiritual healing, to employment and other concerns, to thanksgiving for God’s blessings. To request prayer for yourself or others, call the church office.  Please leave a message on voice mail if no one is present.  Messages are checked remotely every day.

Who do I call for support in a crisis?

Stephen Ministers are lay people trained to offer support for those in crisis, or experiencing other difficulties or needs, through active listening and Christian care. Confidentiality is the cornerstone of the Stephen Ministry; while caregivers are regularly supervised, no names or circumstances are discussed. To get connected with a Stephen Ministry, call the church office 724-745-0685.  You may also contact one of our clergy for short-term pastoral counseling.

How do I arrange for Last Rites and Christian Burial?

It is fitting and proper that baptized Christians be buried from the church. Please call one of the clergy at or near the time of death of a loved one to arrange for the ministrations of the church (the sacraments of Communion, Holy Unction and Penance, also known as Last Rites) and for the Burial service. For information, please call the parish office at 724-745-0685.