Mission is at the heart of God. God’s greatest passion is that His Name might be praised throughout the world.
Missions exists because worship doesn’t. Worship is ultimate, not missions, because God is ultimate, not man. When this age is over, and the countless millions of the redeemed fall on their faces before the throne of God, missions will be no more.
John Piper, Let the Nations Be Glad: The Supremacy of God in Missions (p. 15).
We exist to spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples God is bringing together those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and forming them into His perfect bride, the church. He gives us the great privilege of being His ambassadors, the ones through whom He proclaims the great message of salvation and joy in Him.
At Redeemer, the cause of missions is highlighted in our mission statement: We will be a people for Christ, for the Kingdom of God, and for the world The gospel imperative of the Great Commission is found in the prayers offered at each of our services and the plight of the persecuted church is highlighted in the banners displayed in our sanctuary. We give at least 10 percent of all offerings to local, national and overseas missions We support in prayer and/or financially the following missionaries, church workers and ministries
Our Acts 1:8 Commitments
- Jerusalem (Canonsburg) – The Armory Youth Center; J R Gardiner Director
- Judea (Western PA) – Pregnancy Resource Center; Washington City Mission
- Samaria (United States) – ACNA, ARDF
- The Ends of the Earth (Overseas) – Bishop Grant and Dr.Wendy LeMarchand in Gambela Ethiopia, The Rev. Ron and Debbie McKeon in Recife Brazil
- The Rev. Ron and Debbie McKeon – serving in Recife Brazil with SAMS
- Drs Brian and Judith Taylor – preparing to serve in Myanmar with SAMS
- The Rev. Dr. George Pierce – serving in Nepal with Global Teams
- Pastor Pierre Prosper – leader of LaCroix Ministries Haiti
- The Rt. Rev. Grant and Wendy LeMarchand – serving in the Horn of Africa and Ethiopia with SAMS
- The Rev Marc and Suzanne Jacobson – serving in Capul Philippines with Wycliffe Bible Translators
- The Most Rev. Stanley Ntagali, Archbishop, Church of Uganda and wife Mama Beatrice
- The Most Rev. Hector “Tito” Zavala, Presiding Bishop of the Southern Cone and Bishop of Chile and wife Miriam
- The Rev. Canon Dr. Alison Barfoot – Director of International Relations Church of Uganda
- The Rt. Rev. Dr. Kevin Higgins – Director of Global Teams
- The Rt. Rev. George Kasangaki, Bishop of the Diocese of Misindi-Kitara, Uganda
- Sharon Stockdale Steinmiller, Executive Director of New Wineskins Missionary Network
- The Rev. Mike Wurschmidt, pastor of Shepherds Heart Fellowship Pittsburgh and director of associated ministries
- Mr. J R Gardiner, Youth for Christ/Armory Youth Center
- The Pregnancy Resource Center of the South Hills
- The Canonsburg-Houston Community Food Pantry
- UnCommon Ground Café, Aliquippa PA
- Shepherd’s Heart Fellowship and homeless veterans project, Pittsburgh PA
- Washington City Mission, Washington PA
- Trinity School for Ministry, Ambridge PA
- Anglican Relief and Development of the ACNA, Ambridge PA
- Armory Youth Center, Canonsburg PA